The Parkunload digital platform regulates, controls and monitors parking sessions and parking availability in time-limited parking zones for authorized vehicles according to the current legislation of the parking Authority, for instance:
The RESPONSIBLE PARTY will process the user’s personal data on the basis of the express consent given by the user after reading the terms and conditions, in compliance with Article 6.1.a) EU Regulation 2016/679 on the Protection of Personal Data.
WHICH PERSONAL DATA ARE REQUESTED AND AT WHAT TIME WILL THEY BE PROCESSED?
To register as a user, the APP will request the following personal data:
- Cell phone.
- Vehicle license plate.
- First and last name.
The APP collects your personal data following the following procedure:
- Registration or Login of a user account.
- Recording of information relating to the user’s vehicles.
- Consultation of parking conditions (permit, maximum time, …) by regulated zone.
- Registration and validation of the user’s vehicles.
- Registration and validation of the parking sessions in a regulated and controlled parking zone with the Parkunload platform.
- Control of the parking time of the parking session in progress.
- Calculation of estimated parking occupancy information in nearby zones.
- Contact for support or technical assistance.
APP PERMISSIONS – PERSONAL DATA
The RESPONDENT requires at least the following mobile app permissions to manage parking operations in parking zones with Bluetooth devices installed at or around traffic signs:
- SMS access, to automatically read and validate your cell phone number in the registration or access process.
- Location services based on a Bluetooth proximity sensor installed on the vertical signs, to automatically detect the nearest parking zone code.
- Location services based on GPS and other location technologies, to display a map or list with the nearest parking areas and their parking availability.
PARTICIPANTS OF USER PERSONAL DATA
Apart from the RESPONSIBLE PARTY, other recipients of your data may include the following:
- Parking Operators and Regulated Parking Control Services, including the police, who may have access on parking data obtained with the Parkunload mobile application in cities to enforce parking ordinances which will include vehicle data, location or parking time. (Arts. 6.1.b and 6.1.e RGPD)
- Parking authorities and city mobility departments, which may have access to parking data obtained with the Parkunload mobile app to enforce regulation in parking zones, analyze behavior and occupancy patterns, as well as other services to meet legal obligations. (Arts. 6.1.c and 6.1.e RGPD)
- Innovation or research services, which may have access to anonymized and aggregated parking data for statistical and analysis purposes such as Universities, Research Centers or Innovative Data Analysis Services, with special attention to algorithms that provide parking status and occupancy patterns. (Art. 9.2.j RGPD)
- Courts and involved parties, which access parking ticket data to satisfy possible legal claims. (Art. 6.1.c RGPD)
The RESPONSIBLE PARTY will not transfer any personal data of users to third parties without the existence of a legal obligation or consent by the same.
SECURITY AND STORAGE OF DATA
The RESPONSIBLE implements appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect your personal data from unauthorized access, alteration or destruction. All communications with the servers are secured with HTTP SSL.
To the extent that the RESPONSIBLE processes your personal data, these are stored on servers within the EU.
The competent authority of the limited parking service collects the amount of the cancellation of the parking complaint through the means of payment offered by the RESPONSIBLE. Requests for complaint claims and/or refund of payment for the cancellation of a parking complaint should be addressed to the fine management service of the competent Authority, which is usually the City Council or else the public company of regulated parking services of the city, according to the legislation in force.
EXERCISE OF RIGHTS OF ACCESS, RECTIFICATION, DELETION, LIMITATION, PORTABILITY AND OPPOSITION
You may exercise your rights of access, rectification, deletion, limitation, portability and opposition by mail to PARKUNLOAD SL CARRETERA DE RIBES, 4, 204 08520 LES FRANQUESES DEL VALLÈS – BARCELONA or email firstname.lastname@example.org
together with valid legal proof, such as a photocopy of your ID card and indicating “DATA PROTECTION” in the subject line. At the same time, if you are not satisfied with the response to exercise your rights, you may file a complaint with the SPANISH DATA PROTECTION AGENCY through its website at www.aepd.es.
The User may unsubscribe from the RESPONSIBILITY’s service by canceling his/her account. Users are recommended to unsubscribe from the service when they change their cell phone number.
WARRANTIES AND LIABILITIES
The RESPONSIBLE guarantees its users truthful and accurate information for the development of the service, in accordance with the parking conditions (regulation schedule, parking permit and maximum parking time) in parking spaces controlled and regulated through the technological platform Parkunload.
The driver user has to indicate the data and characteristics of their vehicles in a truthful and accurate manner. The RESPONSIBLE will not be held responsible for the consequences of incorrect information provided by the user, such as, for example, error in the introduction of the license plate or false information regarding the characteristics (vehicle emissions, type of vehicle, etc.) and uses of the vehicle (professional, private, person with reduced mobility, etc.). Even so, the user driver must obligatorily indicate the beginning of the parking with the means indicated on the vertical signage of the parking area: Parkunload mobile application and optionally, in certain cities with SMS messaging or other telematic means: web form, etc.
The RESPONSIBLE will not be responsible for the impossibility of notifying the start or end of parking for reasons beyond the control of the service itself: lack of battery or failure of the mobile device, lack of mobile communications coverage, etc.
The user driver will receive a parking ticket or parking voucher on his cell phone containing the parking conditions (regulation schedule, parking permit, maximum parking time, etc.), clearly indicating the time limit of the parking space itself.
Failure to comply with the parking conditions or the lack of truthfulness in the data, characteristics or uses of the vehicle indicated by the user driver may result in the sanctions established in the current legislation of the municipality: exceeding the maximum parking time, lack of parking proof, vehicle without a parking permit in the regulated area, etc.
The Parkunload platform may run automated checks to ensure the veracity of the characteristics or uses of the vehicle, such as the level of vehicle emissions or parking permit as a resident in certain cities.
The parking enforcement officer and/or the local police will be able to check the parking status of vehicles parked in a certain area through the Parkunload APP by parking enforcement officers or with the municipal parking control application integrated with the Parkunload platform.
The RESPONSIBLE will not be responsible for any technical or operational errors made by the guards in the imposition of sanctions or parking fines in areas regulated by the Parkunload platform.
The user who accesses the APP acknowledges and voluntarily and expressly accepts responsibility for the use of this and undertakes not to perform any act that may violate the law or the conditions set forth in these legal terms, case that may involve the corresponding legally established responsibilities.
The RESPONSIBLE reserves the right to make, at any time and without prior notice, modifications and updates to the information contained in the APP, its configuration and presentation and general conditions, as well as to remove information or temporarily suspend accessibility.
The RESPONSIBLE cannot guarantee the non-existence of interruptions or errors in access to the APP or its content, nor can it be held responsible for possible technical or connection problems. Nor shall it be liable for any damages that may arise from interference, omissions or computer viruses caused by causes beyond the control of the APP owner.
This APP is governed by Spanish law and by national and international legislation on intellectual and industrial property.
All the contents included in the APP (texts, audiovisual contents, source code, graphic design, signs, logos, trademarks, databases, computer programs, editing, programming, compilation and other elements and contents necessary for its operation) are property of the RESPONSIBLE. The contents that the APP may contain that are not owned by him are authorized by their owners for their use and communication and are protected by the corresponding intellectual property rights.
PARKUNLOAD is a registered trademark in Europe, owned by PARKUNLOAD, S.L. as well as the technological platform PARKUNLOAD, which has a license to use the patent of the parking control method registered in the patent office of Europe, United States and Canada.
Any unauthorized use of these contents will be considered a breach of intellectual or industrial property rights and may result in legal consequences.
The simple download or use of the APP does not in any case grant any license or total or partial assignment of intellectual property rights.